- August 10 Thu - August 13 Sun: Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA) Summer Conference Amherst, MA
- August 12 Sat: Tour d' Farms Jamaica Plain, MA
- Pre-Conference on Organic Agriculture Education
- Saturday Night Debate on Personal Security Issues
- The Local Meal at the NOFA Summer Conference
- Keynote Address: Sister Miriam Therese MacGillis
- Over 200 intensive workshops on Farming, Gardening, Organic Land Care, Homesteading, Spirituality, Economics, Politics and Much More!
- Children's Conference
- Adult workshops, children’s workshops (for children 2-12) and teens’ workshops (for teens 13-17) run concurrently throughout the weekend.
Hosted by NOFA at the Hampshire College: 893 West Street, Amherst, MA.
Contact Katie Campbell-Nelson at (413) 624-3242 or by e-mail for more information.
As part of Boston’s “Hub on Wheels Initiative”, the Tour d’ Farms is one of several community bike rides planned over the summer that highlight local efforts to create sustainable communities.
In a 25 mile loop, the Tour d' Farms bike tour will visit three or four sites in and around the Boston area dedicated to strengthening Boston's local and sustainable food production system. Riders will visit several cutting edge urban agriculture projects and hear brief presentations about Boston's growing local food movement. These include an urban farm, CSA, farmers market and a new community farm. Riders will get to sample delicious, locally grown farm products, and learn how they can actively support these efforts. The ride will traverse through the neighborhoods of Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, Milton and the beautiful Blue Hills Reservation and surrounding communities.
Hosted by Farm Aid and Hub on Wheels at the Boston's Franklin Park: Pierpont Rd, Jamaica Plain, MA.
Contact Mark Smith at (617) 354-2922 or by e-mail for more information.